PI-200 Online Raman System
|The Raman instruments incorporate a frequency stabilized, narrow linewidth diode laser (Patent No. 6,100,975); a temperature controlled, optically fast ( f/2.0) fiber coupled spectrograph (Patent No. 6,028,67); a very low noise Andor CCD camera TE cooled to < -80 OC; and PROspectTM data acquisition and analysis software. The PROspectTM software can be combined with GRAMS/AI9.1* for realtime chemometrics and process control applications. This Raman instrument design offers very high signal levels while retaining high resolution (~ 4 to 5 cm-1 depending upon excitation wavelength). Patented optical design allows full (3.3 mm) height coverage of the 1024 x 128 pixel CCD chip and wide fiber array input (17 X 100 micron diameter fibers) while retaining a straight fiber array image and good resolution. The system includes a fiber coupled probe with laser band pass and elastic light rejection (~10-8) filtering. With the 1200 grooves/mm grating, the spectral coverage is ~ 2100 cm-1 at 785 nm excitation. The grating is adjustable to allow use with excitation from 670 to 860 nm. The spectra can be exported in SPC or ASCII formats.
|* GRAMS/AI8.0 is a registered trademark of Thermo Electron Corporation.
|To download a printable version of the Spec sheet click here
PI-200 Online System Specifications
- 785 nm Frequency Stabilized, Narrow Linewidth Laser.
- Laser power (adjustable): 450 mW standard.
- Higher power levels available - up to 1,500mW
- Line width ~ 1.0cm-1.
- Wavelength accuracy ± 0.1nm.
- Wavelength repeatability (on/off) -< 0.15 cm-1 .
- Wavelength stability -< 0.3 cm-1drift per week.
- Laser lifetime -1 year warrenty (6 year projected lifetime).
- Patented design - Pat. No. 6,100,975.
|Raman Fiber Optic Probe
- Inphotonics Raman Probe standard (other probes types available).
- 200µm diameter excitation fiber, 400µm collection fiber.
- Focal length - 5mm standard, 3 meter fiber optic cable.
- Rayleigh filtering built into probe tip (>8 O.D.).
- System can accommodate most any Raman probe configuration.
- Probes manufactured from 316-SS, carbon steel, alloy-20, hastelloy, etc.
- Ball probes also available.
- Lowest Raman shift that can be measured ~225 cm-1.
- ATEX Zone 0 certified.
- Andor DU401-FI (standard) Higher performance CCD detectors available.
- TE cooling to < -60° - 82° C for low noise applications.
- Pixel size = 26 µm square and full range area of 128 x 1024 pixels.
- Other CCD configurations available; e.g., 256 x 1024 pixels..
- Spectograph aperture: f/2.0.
- Focal length: 135 mm.
- Patented design: No. 6,028,667.
- Diffraction grating: 1200 grooves/mm, ruled standard (other gratings available upon request).
- Resolution: 4 cm-1with 785 nm excitation.
- Spectral coverage: with 785 nm excitation ~2100 cm-1, with 830 nm excitation the spectral coverage is ~1900 cm-1 .
- Fiber optic coupling: bundle to slit adapter with 100 µm fibers (17 fibers) in a linear input array (3.3 mm high) for coupling to spectrograph.
- Temperature controlled: ~30° C for added stability.
- Image curvature at exit plane: < 0.5 pixel over full height of CCD array.
- User adjustable center wavelength via rotating grating.
- Builtin neon lamp for wavelength calibration.
- Online 19" rack mount dimensions (80" x 23" x 40"), weight ~ 430 lbs.
- Online Purged enclosure rack mount (72" tall x ~ 28" wide x ~ 36" deep)
- Up to 18 channels with fiber switcher (17” x 17” X 10”), weight 55 lbs.
- Insertion loss is less then 1 dB.
- Switching time between channels is ~ 0.5 s.
- Patented design: No. 6,859,581B1.
- Includes backup laser with an AUTO SWAP feature to automatically switch in the backup laser should the primary laser fail.
- Includes a backup computer with hot swappable ARAID drives that can be quickly used if the primary computer should fail.
- Lasers can be easily switched out with no user optical alignment.
- Software features include automatic X- and Y-axis calibration, real time chemometrics, and continuous laser tracking to ensure stable operation.
- Backup features along with auto calibration ensure that there is minimal downtime (typically < 2 hours/year/channel).
- Includes modeling for 1st year of use, model training at our facility.
- Remote monitoring of system health available.
- Data collection with real time chemometrics, laser frequency tracking, multipoint neon lamp absolute wavelength calibration, and throughput normalization features for chemometric model transfer capability.
- Auto calibration features available
- Interface with a DCS system, RS485, RS232, or TCP/IP .
- Data files can be exported into ASCII and SPC formats.
- Amplitude stability ± 0.2 % over 24 hours after 30 minutes warmup.
- Frequency stability ± 0.1 cm-1 over 24 hours after 30 minutes warmup.
- 115 to 230 VAC, 47 to 63 Hz, 10A
- Two year on both laser and instrument.